Sunday 17 July 2016

Hi....I am Sugandha also known as Nicky an Indian by birth having albinism. I am back to my blog with an all new avatar. My intention is to share my life's story and creative thinking and rediscover an all new world full of scribbles, ideas, doodles, positivity and philosophies for a better future.Join me in this journey to connect and rediscover yourself with me.
Being born with albinism is now the most beautiful part of myself.Over the last few years I have fallen more and more deeply in love with my white hair, pale skin and poor vision. Yes, you read correctly, that's the beauty of it. Through my experiences, hardships and challenges which I have slowly learnt to face more bravely, I realized, to have this condition is what makes me so unique. I find alternatives for tasks I am unable to perform, which offcorse the  non albinos won't look for. For example, I am a student in SCAD,Savannah and initially couldn't figure out how to travel. The buses run as per their own schedule and I couldn't drive a car and not even a bike as its sunny. I quickly learnt that most places are within walking reach and took it upon myself to walk everywhere with my umbrella, which also became my automatic workout.
This thought process automatically gives me an edge over others...isn't it wonderful...my limitation is what is setting me aside. Infact I have grown up hearing complaints about how much work there is, how the time to study is never enough, how hard it is to make notes from blackboard all the time...so on and so forth.Well, I wish they could realize what a blessing it is to be able to see the blackboard from a distance and that it isn't all that hard to study if you can actually understand everything just while the class is on. Not just me, but all albino children have difficulties reading blackboard, even from the first bench.It is at times hard to keep pace with finding text even in textbooks with the fast pace of teachers in class.
I have immense faith in the potential of every individual, all it takes to transform  and bring out the potential of an individual is to guide, support and show faith in them and you would be surprised with the results.Have faith in yourself and reach out alone if no one comes along. Eventually with your infectious positivity someone will start following you instead!

Cheers!
By Sugandha Gupta

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Su. Just to add to it self-belief, perseverance and hard work will always take us to places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you wrote here. I am real proud and happy as you have a come a long way. A beautiful and strong woman, and a true example of inspiration to a many. Am really glad to be a part of this journey. And no matter knowing how less we interact over a year, we will relive every time exactly as the happiest moments we have had together. God bless and keep posting. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Well written and indeed inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete